Thursday 23 April 2015

Oasis of the Damned by Greg F. Gifune

This is the story of Richter. She survives a helicopter crash in the middle of the Sahara. She finds herself at an old WW2 outpost. She is not alone however, she meets up with another crash survivor, Owens. He tells her that the outpost is built on an oasis, and they need to keep their wits about them once night falls. Soon she will find herself fighting for her very life.....

This started off quite slowly but once night began to fall, Greg's typically descriptive prose started to shine through and I was hooked on every word. With a principle cast of just two, the tension was ramped up to the max. About 3/4 of the way through I had a bit of a lightbulb moment and I thought I could see where the story was going. I wasn't disappointed! Another fine novella from Greg and once again from DarkFuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment