Thursday 7 June 2012

White Lies by Jeremy Bates

This is the story of Katrina. She picks up a hitch-hiker on the way to moving to a new town. He is drunk and belligerent and to get him out of the car she tells a little white lie about where she lives. This is just the start of her problems. When she begins her new job as a teacher, she notices to her horror that her hitch-hiker is a fellow teacher at the same school. A chance meeting with a man, Jack, in a hardware store leads to Katrina falling in love with him. But Jack is not all he seems and one little white lie soon becomes many and things threaten to spiral out of control. Can Katrina sort everything out before it becomes too late and she gets in too deep?

Wow - just wow! Now that's what I call a thriller!! This grabbed me by my forelock and did not let go until the extremely explosive ending. Katrina starts off telling a little fib for survival more than anything. Who knew that one fib would turn into many and end up haunting her for a long time? We had great build up and scene setting for about half of the book and then bam! The action took off in a shocking and quite violent way. Then the story galloped along and concluded in a brilliant manner. Katrina was great as the heroine paying for one little white lie and her supporting cast of characters all shone in their roles. I recommend this as a fast paced thriller that packs a wallop.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation, Kim. I'm behind on my blogging - had two boys graduate in the past week and a half - but this sounded so good that I left it in my inbox until I could get back to it. I will have to add this one to my TBR pile. It does sound good.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad I have inspired you to read it.

      Delete